Ever wonder what’s going on inside your dishwasher? It’s actually a pretty complicated process. A dishwasher must be capable of adding the right amount of water heated to just the right temperature. The detergent dispenser must flip open at the appropriate time. Strategically positioned jets must shoot out water to clean the dishes. After that, the dishwasher must purge the dirty water and spray more water through the jets to rinse the dishes. After rinsing, the dishwasher will drain the residual water. Finally, the dishwasher will generate heated air and dry the dishes.
Types of dishwashers
There are many different types of dishwashers on the market. You can choose your dishwasher based on the design of your kitchen. The following are the most common options:
- Built-in standard dishwashers – This type of dishwasher takes up permanent kitchen space and is built in with a drop-down hinge door. It uses about 2.4 gallons of water per load.
- Compact dishwashers – Compact dishwashers are commonly used in small apartments or recreational vehicles where space is very limited. Though they are smaller than a traditional dishwasher, they have most of the same features.
- In-sink dishwashers – These dishwashers can literally fit inside your sink. They handle a very small load and use less water.
- Drawer dishwashers – As the name implies, these dishwashers fit into drawers that slide in and out instead of in box-like fittings with doors that open downward. They are smart additions to small kitchens.
- Portable dishwashers – These iterations come either in standard or compact size. They do not occupy permanent space in the kitchen but can be moved around instead. There is a counter-top version that looks like a microwave.
You can make your dishwasher look attractive by adorning it with artistic covers from Appliance Art. They come in various colors and styles and adhere to the front of your dishwasher for a fresh, new look. Regardless of the season or the occasion, there is an appropriate dishwasher cover for you. The dishwasher covers come in vinyl or magnetic.