Adding a personal touch will give your kitchen a new and different look. Most kitchens are constructed based on similar designs. Adding your own unique flair will make yours stand out from the run-of-the-mill alternatives.
Consider these ideas for adding detail to your kitchen:
- Glass door fronts – If you have doors leading to your kitchen, you can replace the solid panel fronts with glass to give people a glimpse of what is going on inside. You have several options to choose from – transparent, seeded glass, stained, or frosted glass. Glass door fronts will also create the illusion of space in your kitchen.
- Crown molding – Crown molding will add depth and space between the cabinets and the ceiling. Crown molding makes the cabinets look flush with the ceiling as a classy finishing touch.
- A pop of color – Neutral hues are still the favorite color scheme for the kitchen, but you can add a pop of color here and there. While your paint may still be a muted beige or gray, add colorful decorations or wall pieces to jazz things up. A colorful backsplash will also look classy and elegant.
- Beadboard – Beadboard is an easy architectural detail that can be added to your kitchen. It gives a clean look, is inexpensive, and can be installed quickly.
- Corbels – Artistically deigned corbels will add an element of beauty to the kitchen. Use decorative corbels as support for cabinets and shelves in place of plain brackets.
Another way of adding a personal touch to your kitchen is by decorating your kitchen appliances with covers from Appliance Art. Appliance Art has hundreds of appliance covers made of magnetic materials or vinyl with adhesive backing for your refrigerator and dishwasher. The appliance cover depicts different colors, textures, and themed panels that suit any occasion or season.