A picnic is a great way to bond with family or friends. But planning for one can be a little taxing. You need to consider a lot of things like what food to bring, what drinks to bring, etc. In recognition of July being National Picnic Month, here are eight tips to maximize your day enjoying a picnic. Don’t miss reading all of them to see a bonus tip at the end.
- Invite great company. A great picnic is not only about bringing a delectable selection of picnic food and drinks, but the people who you will be sharing it with also contributes to how great the picnic day will turn out.
- Assess the needs of the people you invited for the picnic. For example, if you or guests are with a toddler then consider bringing some toys and other essentials needed.
- Choose your picnic location. If you are having a picnic with your family, choose a location that they will enjoy. If your spouse or child enjoys fishing, a location near a lake will be nice. If your children enjoy a short trek, a walk on the beach, or a little camping adventure, then choose the right place that they will enjoy.
- Decide on the time of day that you are going for a picnic. A late afternoon picnic means that you might want to bring a tent for an overnight adventure perhaps, or an umbrella for a morning picnic under the sun. The time will also help you decide on what clothes to wear, too.
- Consider all picnic materials that you should bring, like plasticware, mats, small folding chairs to sit on, or a hammock that you can tie in the tree, large beach towels if you are at the beach, tablecloths, big umbrellas, etc.
- Aside from the usual picnic baskets, you can also bring coolers or simply plastic grocery sacks.
- Decide on an easy to prepare and assemble menu. Prepare cooked food in advance, fresh green salads in mason or bottle containers for portability, etc. A pot luck or asking friend to contribute makes the meal easier and more delicious for everyone.
- Bring garbage bags to discard disposable plastic utensils, plates, and other trash. Just enjoy the scenery, enjoy the fun games and picnic activities, but refrain from leaving behind your rubbish.
- BONUS. Take your picnic adventure home with you and enjoy every day inside your house. Appliance Art offers adorable dishwasher covers with picnic themes. Click here to shop food & drink appliance covers now.